First called Penetangore, Kincardine, with its strong Scottish heritage, was named after Governor General James Bruce, as was the former Kincardine Township. The first Bruce County post office opened its doors here.

The first county settlers arrived at the mouth of the Penetangore River in 1848 transported by the ship, "The Fly". Allan Cameron built and ran a hotel, while his brother-in-law, William Withers, built a dam and opened a sawmill. The Village of Kincardine was incorporated in 1858.

Things To Do

Places to Stay

Good Eats

259 Harbour St, Kincardine, ON